Cooking and preparing food is a daily task that is most often done, on your benchtops. Caesarstone benchtop surfaces require very little maintenance.
For everyday maintenance, you should wipe the surface down with some warm soapy water and a clean, lightly damp cloth. Just give the surface a light wipe down to remove any debris or leftover food materials.
Over time you might find that your benchtops might get stained by something that is more difficult to clean off, for example red wine, beetroot or coffee stains. Caesarstone has it’s own line of cleaning products designed just for cleaning these surfaces! If you find your benchtop with a spill of red wine or coffee, food products that tend to stain surfaces, use the following steps to clean the surface with the spray cleaner.
- Wipe away any of the residue remaining from whatever caused the marks.
- Spray your surface with the Caesarstone spray cleaning solution.
- Wipe clean!
- Dry with a clean dry cloth.
If the above cleaning doesn’t remove the stains from your benchtop, you can try the Caesarstone cream cleaner. This product is used for removing more stubborn and dried stains from the benchtop surface. Use the following method for cleaning a more stubborn stain from your benchtop.
- Use a Scotchbrite non scratch foam scrubber, and wet it with warm water.
- Apply your Caesarstone cream cleaner to the coarse side of the Scotchbrite pad.
- Squeeze the Scotchbrite pad to create a foamy lather on the sponge and let it drip onto the surface where the stain is.
- Lightly clean the stain in a circular motion, taking care not to apply too much pressure, or to stay in the same spot for too long.
- Leave the lathered soapy mixture on your bench surface for around 2 minutes.
- Remove the excess soap suds using a clean damp cloth, rinse the cloth and then repeat the process several times to make sure you have removed all soapy residue from your benchtop.
- Now brush off the surface with a dry clean cloth as a finishing step. Your surface should now be clean!
Here’s a few more tips to keeping your Caesarstone benchtop in good shape.
- Always use a cutting board when cutting food on your benchtop. Never cut directly onto the quartz surface itself.
- Never place hot pans onto your benchtop surface. Always use a cork or wooden pot holder on the benchtop surface.
Follow the above steps for cleaning and usage of your benchtop, and this will ensure that your benchtop stays in top condition for as long as possible!
You can purchase Caeserstone cleaning products from THIS LINK.