What is the best material for Kitchen Benchtops?
Setting the right tone for your kitchen is challenging. Whether you are planning to build a new house or maybe thinking of renovating your kitchen, you always want the best outcome. It is not the same as buying stuff and replacing it anytime you want. Determining the right countertops is one of the most important decisions you should consider in your house especially for your kitchen.
Natural Stone Kitchen Benchtops
- Granite – is composed of mainly quartz, feldspar and other minerals. It conveys an aesthetic beauty to your kitchen. Aside from its beauty and high quality as countertops, granite is a hard substance and it is not easily prone to scratches. However, granite has also a weakness. Upon the installation of your kitchen benchtops, if it was not sealed properly, stains may appear and bacteria may enter. It might be impossible to remove, causing damage to your kitchen benchtops.
- Marble – is also a great choice for countertops since it also delivers high-quality standards for your kitchen benchtops. It is known for its patterns being larger than granite. When it comes to its durability, it is quite durable but not same as granite. If not properly sealed, kitchen accidents such as spills may damage your countertops. It is also moderate to high maintenance.
- Onyx – If you’re looking for something new, rare and unique, then you should try onyx for the countertops in your kitchen. It will give you a positive beauty for your kitchen and bathroom. However, there is something to consider. Onyx is not as durable as other countertops. It is a bit fragile. The maintenance is also a serious issue and it’s quite expensive. However, if you’re up to the challenge, then you should choose onyx.
- Travertine – is known for its luxurious look and is therefore considered a “chic” choice by many. Also, it is environmentally friendly and economical. However, if you have a very busy kitchen then a travertine installation is not advisable. It is very reactive to acidic solvents such as juice and coffee. Minor spills can create stains which are very hard to remove.
Engineered Stone/Quartz Benchtops for your Kitchen
Engineered stone is a man-made composition of quartz and resin. It delivers aesthetic beauty to your kitchen and is generally cheaper than natural stones such as granite and marble.
- Caesarstone – created from up to 93% natural quartz aggregates, organic pigments and enhanced polymer resins, Caesarstone provides a surface with exceptional properties of heat, stain, scratch and chip resistance.
- Silestone – is the premium choice for kitchen benchtops, bathrooms, floors and wall cladding. It is a compound which is made of 90% natural quartz, giving it incredible strength, versatility and resilience.
- Smartstone – is manufactured with a minimum of 93% quartz, combined with pigments and resins which make the surface highly durable. Just like any other quartz countertops, it is also important to be careful in putting hot pressure on its surface.
Choosing a kitchen benchtop requires time and effort in order to achieve the kitchen ideas you have been planning. It is important to take note of the aforementioned factors before purchasing one. It is also wise to choose the countertops that will suit your ideal budget and standards you have already set to avoid additional expenses that may occur in the future.
Contact us now for help choosing the right material for your kitchen countertops and get a free quote.