Made in Stone is a leading supplier of Quantum Quartz in Sydney we are here to provide you with some easy-to-follow tips for removing common stains from your kitchen quartz countertop.
The quartz kitchen countertop is perhaps one of, if not the most, singularly underrated fixtures in your home. It can provide your kitchen with various styles, degrees of convenience, and bursts of life, as well as represent one of the most sound investments you will ever make as a homeowner.
Quartz stone is characterized by having a low degree of porosity and a high degree of hardness, which make it highly resistant to damage and easy to clean. However, besides the preparation of food, the kitchen countertop sees daily use across a wide range of household activities and this, unfortunately, means that it is highly prone to suffering from premature wear and, more commonly, unsightly stains.
Useful tips for removing common stains:
How do I remove grease stains from my kitchen benchtop?
- Removing Grease Stains: Grease stains are quite common but thankfully are some of the most easily removed. Rub a mixture of mild detergent diluted in water with a soft cloth over the stain. Make sure to rinse afterwards to remove any soapy residue.
How do I remove lime stains from my kitchen benchtop?
- Removing Lime Stains: If you have purchased your Quantum Quartz in Sydney Lime stains are relatively common due to the mineral content of the water. To remove lime stains apply a liberal amount of non-acidic limescale remover and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse with water and presto.
How do I remove natural dyes from my kitchen benchtop?
- Removing Natural Dyes: Very many foods such as beetroots, strawberries, and pomegranates contain highly concentrated juices that are known to stain. Eliminating these types of stains is simple enough, just apply a solution of bleach and water.
How do I remove marker stains from my kitchen benchtop?
- Removing Marker Stains: If you have young children in the household, the probability of your Quantum Quartz getting drawn on is rather high. To remove marker stains apply a bit of rubbing alcohol with a soft cloth.
How do I remove silicone stains from my kitchen benchtop?
- Removing Silicone Stains: Silicone stains are perhaps the most difficult to remove. To do so, you will have to make use of a sharp blade and a small amount of solvent, such as ethanol, for proper scraping of the surface.
Follow these easy tips whenever you notice a troublesome stain on your Quartz kitchen countertop, and you will see the lifetime and longevity of your investment shoot through the roof.
At Made in Stone, we take great pride in our ability to take on any challenge no matter its size, and we utilize decades of accrued knowledge and passion for stone to provide levels of quality and precision that are unparalleled in the industry. Every surface we create is guaranteed to last with a manufacturer warranty.